Adjustments for 2023 exam
- Section A (short q's) - answer 8 out of 10
- Section B (long q's) - answer 4 out of 6
TIMING: Exam duration 2.5 hours (150 minutes)
Recommended timing -
- Section A: 32 minutes (4 minutes each)
- Section B: 108 minutes (27 minutes each)
- Allocate 10 minutes to fill in your details on answer book(s) / read the paper / choose questions / prepare to hand up your answer book(s)
REFER TO PAST EXAM QUESTIONS each time you study/revise a chapter
STRUCTURE YOUR ANSWERS - do not write lengthy paragraphs without structure. Use bullet points and break up your answers
HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED TO WRITE? For each question, decide how many points you need to give based on what is asked and the space which is provided. Roughly, if the answer book provided 8 lines, unless otherwise specified you must provide 2 developed points to your answer (4 lines for each point - the answer stated and explained).
USE ALL SPACE provided in your answer book when answering both short and long questions. Show all workings for numerical questions.
PRACTICE DIAGRAMS/GRAPHS regularly - they must be accurate, always use a pencil & ruler and don't forget to label