Candidates may answer the question in the usual way if they wish
Section 1: Answer the DBQ as normal.
Sections 2 & 3: answer three questions from any two topics in Section 2: Ireland and Section 3: Europe and the Wider World.
This means that candidates would answer two questions from one of their chosen topics. A candidate could decide to answer any one of the following combinations:
- Two answers from one Irish topic and one answer from a topic in Europe and the Wider World.
- One answer from one Irish topic and two answers from one European topic.
- All three answers from two topics in Europe and the Wider World.
Exam duration is 2 hours and 50 minutes or 170 minutes.
- Make sure you know your options.
- Timing is key. You will have about 40 minutes per question.
- When revising over the next few months, practice writing essay style answers.
- Make sure your historical information is accurate. FACTS = MARKS
- Don't worry too much if you cannot remember exact dates - having events in the correct chronological order is more important.